Friday, January 22, 2016
New PIECES Blu-ray kicks off with theatrical screenings
Grindhouse Releasing is kicking off their eagerly awaited 3-disk Blu-ray release of the sleazy slasher classic PIECES with a short theatrical run starting at the Coolidge Corner Theatre in Boston (LINK) on Friday, February 26th and Saturday the 27th.
"We’ve had phenomenal response to our announcement of PIECES,” says Grindhouse Releasing theatrical director and publicist David Szulkin. “It’s been one of our most requested titles for the Blu-ray market, and already in pre-orders alone PIECES ranked as one of Diabolik DVD’s top ten Blu-ray best-sellers of 2015."
As always, Grindhouse Releasing is going all out with the extras and packaging of director Juan Piquer Simón's gory classic. "We are very proud of this release," says Grindhouse Releasing co-founder Bob Murawski. "The stunning 4K masters, the incredible 42nd Street documentary produced by Calum Waddell and Naomi Holwill, the terrific new audio commentary by Jack Taylor, Jim Kunz' grueling 9 months of encoding, transcoding, authoring and menu design, the beautiful packaging by Tad Leger and Dan Harrington, and what we consider to be the coup of the century: the long-awaited, highly anticipated return of Rick Sullivan of GORE GAZETTE fame, contributing magnificent new liner notes to the release. We think it's our best release yet!"
PIECES hits the streets March 1st through all outlets including AMAZON but if you get yours through DIABOLIKDVD.COM, you will get your copy a full week before everyone else!
BLU-RAY SPECS AND EXTRAS
• TWO complete versions of this shocking gore classic:
- PIECES (83 min.) - the original, unrated U.S. theatrical version, presented in English
- MIL GRITOS TIENE LA NOCHE (86 min.) - the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor
• Spectacular new 4K transfers - scanned from the original camera negative
• Brand new audio commentary by star Jack Taylor
• Special 5.1 audio option - the Vine Theater Experience!
• In-depth interviews with director Juan Piquer Simón and genre superstar Paul L. Smith
• 42nd STREET MEMORIES - all-new feature-length documentary containing interviews with Bill Lustig, Larry Cohen, Frank Henenlotter, Buddy Giovinazzo, Jeff Lieberman, John Skipp, Lynn Lowry, Terry Levene, and many other exploitation icons
• Extensive gallery of stills and poster art
• Exhaustive filmographies
• Liner notes by legendary horror journalists Chas. Balun (DEEP RED) and Rick Sullivan (GORE GAZETTE)
• BONUS CD - original soundtrack - newly remastered from the original studio tapes
• Beautiful embossed slipcover
• First 3000 units include an actual jigsaw puzzle! Strictly limited to 3000 units!
• AND OTHER SURPRISES!